3.06.2010

the much talked about SOMs

Its been a long time since i last visited SOM's, I was still in a travel & tours business when i first tried their now "Famous inexpensive Thai Dish.  I remember my officemates would always set a dinner there when we wanted to splurge with thai causine without over spending. We would dine and share good laughs while getting really full with SOM's famous spicy dishes.



 MENU


loveleeeeeh :D


 
-more of SOM's fanatic-
most of the crowd are a mixture of diff. countries, there u see 
americans, thai,indians and even Chinese locals enjoying 
SOM's super winner Thai FOODIE



 
My starving Husband (halata nga di maka ikmyl eh)


 And now wanting to have this experience again with my loveones, I my handsome husband  (naks) and a dear Friend visited SOM's (for me after 48 decades). This wasn't planned at all, the three of us went to church to hear mass. After mass we normally ate out or if not we just go home and enjoy whatever food is served. But uno was dead hungry because he slept the whole day and was not able to have his lunch even a (meryenda) snack because we have to be on time for the mass,so i said maybe we can go to SOM's after. So there ..............


 
more pictures while waiting



 
and more and more hahahahahahha:D


We arrived at around 8:30 in the evening, just in time for dinner.... a huge crowd was already there having their dose of spicy food, the line was not that long? In a snap, 1 stick of cigarette puff and then it's my turn already, good thing coz my husband is starving to death hahahahhaha. I have to share this, I noticed while waiting for our turn, there are diners who i don't know were the heck they bought those 1.5 lit of  COKE hahahhaha,even the foreign fans has there own coke/sprite with them, oh well might be in preparation for the tough tongue tingling HOT experience this Spicy Dish offers...... Anyhow ....Belen and I choose Bagoong RICE (Shrimp Paste RICE) ... why not.... we love mangoes and bagoong!



 
Bagoong RICE 


  
SHRIMP CURRY  - I LIKE 


My Starving UNO ordered the "To SHARE" RED Rice ... When he saw the RICE he said ... its HUGE... but when he started  eating it , he almost finish the whole bandehado (plate) hahahhaha.. Belen and I were making fun of him hahahhaha.



  
Belen and I enjoyed our Bagoong RICE

 
 Happie and FULL (burp)



  
mild SPICY RED BEEF, SHRIMP CURRY and RED RICE



 
My poor starving husband hihihiih :D


We were supposed to order Phad Thai Noodles and their Spring Roll, but were really full already.... the Bagoong Rice itself makes a FULL meal already plus the 2 Main Dishes .... GOSHI (parang wla ng Thai na lapush bukas hahahahah). What is good about Som's is that you get to choose  upto what range you can tolerate its SPICYNESS... Like for UNO his tolerance is on a medium range while for me and my kumare (friend), its actually a maximum tolerance  (hahhahahahaha).... mind u were not from BICOLANDIA but we dead love spicy food....

MY two (2) eating buddies enjoyed the Thai  SIDEWALK experienced ... they love the crowd, the ambiance and most of all the FOOD itself... Its one of the best food-place find ....

 
Looking forward for more of Som's Dinner with friends soon....


No comments:

Post a Comment